For the longest time as a child, I believed that French Toast is a toast cooked in the savory omelette batter. Well, not quite, obviously. Silly things of an Indian child. My first real Fresh Toast encounter was at The All American Diner, but I never quite got around to trying them out for myself. So, this was a first with French Toast, and of course with a twist. After the success of the last batch of savory egg muffins, it was time for sweet ones.
Ingredients (for 4-5 muffins)
- Eggs – 2
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Bread slices – 2
- White chocolate chips – handful
- Butter to grease the baking tray
- Break two eggs in a bowl. Add milk, sugar and cinnamon powder and whisk till fluffy.
- Cut the bread slices into small, even cubes.
- Grease the muffin tray with butter.
- Add 8 to 10 bread cubes into each and pour the egg batter over.
- Top each with a few chocolate chips.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Bake the muffins at 200 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until brown.
- Take the tray out of the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
You can either top it with castor sugar or Nutella, I like them as is with chilled coffee 🙂