Stuffed bell pepper goes back as basic as Mom made Bharwaan Simla Mirch, as a treat for dinner. Being a rather fussy kid, I did not like the texture of the green pepper after it had been through the grind. Ten years or so down the line, I tried my own breakfast version of stuffed bell pepper.
- Bell pepper of your choice (red or yellow) – 1
- Potato – 1 medium
- Onion – 1 small
- Tomato – 1 small
- Capsicum – 1 small
- Cheese – to top
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Oregano – to season
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Wash the bell pepper, cut off the stem and slice in half.
- Deseed the capsicum and set aside
- Wash and peel the potato. Microwave on high for 4 minutes (quickest way to boil the potato)
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion, dice the tomato and capsicum.
- Mash the potato, adding all the vegetables, salt and pepper.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and put it in the cut halves.
- Top it with grated cheese.
- Spray some oil on the baking tray, place the stuffed capsicum and baked for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Cool down for 2 minutes and devour it with ketchup!