Some more leftover kulchas, so some more breakfast yummies with the humble kulcha. Toasted, topped with dollops and dollops of fresh tzatziki and a fried egg. This recipe is not only super simple to make, but you can have many variations to it, top some grilled chicken over the tzatziki, or simply the dip and a dash of oregano, the options are endless.
Ingredients for the tzatziki-
- Yogurt/ curd – 1 cup
- Cucumber – 1 medium size
- Garlic cloves – 2 medium
- Pepper – to taste
For the Tzatziki fried eggs –
- Organic egg – 1
- Leftover (or not) kulcha – 1
- Pour in the yogurt in a muslin, and keep it for a minimum of 4 to 6 hours to ensure all the water has drained out. You can also do this the night before.
- Also, wash and peel the cucumber. Cut into half and grate the whole cucumber. Take another muslin and put in the grated cucumber and press together so that most of the water is absorbed. Take a kitchen towel, and pat dry.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Take a large bowl and mix the yogurt, cucumber, and garlic. Season with some pepper as per taste. Keep it in the fridge to chill.
- In a pan, add a few drops of oil break the egg. Take a spatula and move it to one side to form the crescent moon shape.
- Toast the kulcha on the pan.
- Add a thick layer of tzatziki on it, top it with the fried egg and you have a summer special breakfast ready.
You can also top it with paneer, grilled chicken, tofu as per your preference!