It’s no secret that I am constantly experimenting with my eggs and am forever on the lookout for new and interesting breakfast options. Eggs two ways were actually an accidental cook up that turned out to be rather amazing. I was making a sunny side up when the yolk broke and I ended up making a rough scramble. Added a soft poached egg, mushrooms, chaulai over a toasted leftover kulcha.
- Eggs – 2
- Mushrooms – 1 cup
- Chaulai leaves – a handful
- Kulcha (English Oven) – 1
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Butter – to cook
- Add butter to a pan and break the egg, take a scramble and do a rough scramble.
- Add some salt and pepper to season.
- Wash the mushrooms and chaulai leaves. Chop them roughly.
- Sautee the mushrooms and chaulai together.
- Toast the kulcha on a pan till crisp. Add the scramble, mushrooms, and chaulai and top with a poached egg. Check out the easiest poached egg recipe here.
- Add another dash of black pepper and you are good to go!
I love experimenting with whatever is in the fridge, so last few days were about using up all those leftover kulchas, so more recipes coming up with leftovers!