As promised, this is one of my favourites during summer vacations. As a kid, I loved eating those pretty desi grilled aloo sandwiches, with an occasional addition of cheese. Over the years, I lost my liking for the same, monotony maybe. And since then, I have enjoyed these super crispy masala aloo toast. It is like all other things I like to make, not cumbersome at all.
Ingredients (for 2 toasts)
- Potatoes – 2 medium
- Onions – 1 small
- Green chilly – 1 small
- Coriander – a few sprigs
- Salt – to taste
- Butter – to cook
- Bread – 2 pcs
- Your choice of cheese spread – 2 tsp (I used Veeba’s cheese and mushroom sauce)
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly. In a microwave-safe bowl, add the potatoes and a few tablespoons of water. Microwave for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the onions, and let them soak in cold water to get rid of the staunch smell.
- Chop the green chillies finely.
- Peel the potatoes when cool.
- Mash them till smooth. Add the onions, chillies, and salt and mix well.
- Take a piece of bread and smear with the cheese spread. Spread the potato mash evenly.
- Heat a non-stick tawa and smear some butter. Cook the toast on both sides equally, preferably on a low flame to make the toast nice and crispy.
- Do the same for the second toast.
- Best savoured with ketchup or tamarind chutney.
You can also make this mash a day before and store for future use.
Happy Chomping 🙂