Summer is for delving in easy breezy brunches with chilled wine glasses, preferably in both hands. This refreshing and effortless pasta is everything you need this season – the freshness of baby spinach (nothing like it, if it is home grown) juicy tomatoes and crunchy caramelized garlic cloves.
Ingredients (Serves One)
- Spaghetti – handful of noodles
- Tomatoes – 2 large
- Garlic cloves – 5 to 6
- Baby Spinach leaves, washed – about 20
- Olive oil – 1tsp to cook + to garnish
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- In a large pan, boil water with a pinch of salt. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente. Strain and run under cold water to retain the crunch.
- Finely slice the garlic cloves.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the garlic cloves, cook till fragrant and brown.
- Chop the tomatoes into big chunks.
- Add to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Splash with 1 tablespoon of water and scrape off the pan. Simmer and let cook for another minute. This is particularly important as this will add the punch of flavor to the pasta.
- Add the spaghetti and toss to mix all the flavors.
- Add salt as per your taste and mix.
- Roughly tear apart the washed spinach leaves and add to the pan. Cook for not more than a minute to ensure the spinach does not reduce completely.
- Top with olive oil and pepper and serve.
Have summer brunching recipes that I might be interested in? Do shoot them my way.
Happy Chomping 🙂