We had eaten this amazing combination at a cafe in Defence Colony and vowed to go back there for more. Sadly, the place shut down but that didn’t stop me from re-creating this at home. This plate is loaded with proteins, carbs and of course tonnes of deliciousness. Best, when the hummus is prepared beforehand so it is cool and has settled down. Also, like I promised during my last attempt at making hummus, this one turned out to be much better. And quicker.
Ingredients for hummus –
- Chickpea – 1 cup
- Garlic – 6 to 8 cloves
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Soak the chickpeas in lukewarm water for about an hour.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a pressure cooker and cook for 3 to 4 whistles. Let the pressure release completely.
- Drain out the excess water but save it for the grinding.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a mixer, add the olive oil, garlic cloves and some of the water and grind.
- Keep adding water to the mixer and grind till the hummus becomes a smooth paste.
Hummus with Poached Eggs and khubz
- Lightly toast the Khubz on the fire.
- Spread the hummus in a bundt shape.
- Add a poached egg in the middle. Find the recipe here.
- Drizzle with some olive oil.
- Top with some sesame seeds and olives and coriander.
I made it into a wrap later too.
Happy Chomping 🙂