On the look out for breakfast ideas, I recently came across this recipe of Japanese Pancakes or hot cakes. It is mind boggling to see so many variants of pancakes and breakfast options. This Japanese option is more doughy and so much more filling. Scroll down to see the full recipe.
Ingredients – for two people
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 3/4th cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- All purpose flour/ Maida – 1-2/3rd cup
- Sugar – 3 tsp
- Baking powder – 1-3/4 tsp
- Oil to cook
- Honey, maple syrup and fruits to add on
- Break the eggs, mix together milk and vanilla essence and whisk till frothy
- Mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder
- Add the egg and milk mixture to the flour and fold together till a thick batter is formed. Set aside for 15-20 minutes for the mixture to settle down
- Heat a non stick pan, and grease with some oil. Take about a spoonful of the batter and pour on the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes till the bubbles are formed, flip and cook on the other side.
- I drizzled it with honey and paired it with some fruits to go along.
Any suggestions for what I can make next for Breakfast? Hit in the comments below.