My first encounter with sweet potato fries were at Yum Yum Cha, and LOVED them. After a particular episode of Modern Family, I googled up the variants of sweet potato fries and mashes and the results were so so exciting that I decided to make a batch for myself.
This is a very simple recipe of sweet potato fries, and it is baked, so super healthy. Are you ready to replace your boring ol’ evening snacks?
Sweet Potato Fries
Serves 4 for snacks
- Sweet Potato – 4 large bulbs
- Oil – to drizzle
- Cinnamon – a pinch
- Black Pepper – a pinch
- Cornflour – 2tsp
- Salt and chaat masala – to taste
- Seasoning – as per taste
- Peel the sweet potatoes, chop them in thick slices and soak in cold water for about an hour.
- Pat dry the potatoes, add the pepper, cinnamon and cornflour and toss well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Spray some oil on the baking tray and arrange the potatoes so that they don’t touch each other. Spray some oil over the potatoes and bake at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- The fries will turning a crackling crisp. Remove from the oven and add salt and chaat masala to spice it up.
- And voila, your newest snack is ready. The sweetness and crunch makes for such a delicious change.
Going to try some more things with sweet potato soon. Stay tuned 🙂