We Indians have the ability to take any dish that comes across our way to give it an ultra personal and desi touch – ergo desi noodles, tandoori momos and the saucy pastas we whip at home. Frontier is one of India’s oldest brand of baked goodies and have ventured out to a lot of cool and healthy snacks with also their hands full with pastas, tea leaves, rusks and savories as well. Follow this super quick recipe for a 5PM hunger pang!
Serves 1 super hungry, tummy growling soul
- Pasta – 1-1/2 cups
- Onion – 1 medium
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Sweet corn, beans, carrots – chopped and diced (or any other greens you might prefer, or not at all)
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Oil – 1tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oregano seasoning – as preferred
- Mozzarella cheese – grated – 2tbsp
- Follow the instructions on the FRONTIER box to cook the pasta – simply put – boil water with a pinch of salt and a few drops of oil, add the pasta and let it cook till al dente – roughly 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in the pan, add chopped onions and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5-7 minutes and a saucy color.
- Steaming the greens – the vegetables propped all together in a bowl – microwave for about 2 minutes so that the vegetables are steamed yet don’t lose their crunch.
- By now your pasta would be done, take it off the stove, drain and run through cold water.
- Add the vegetables and pasta to the quick fresh sauce, add salt and toss.
- Transfer to a Borosil bowl and sprinkle the cheese over it – microwave for 45 seconds.
- Chomp away! 😀